This two and a half-day course, designed with lectures, panel discussions, case vignettes and hands-on workshops, will offer the most in-depth, comprehensive, and challenging curriculum available for clinical teams interested in initiating, developing, or strengthening their practice in this exciting aspect of interventional oncology. New this year—Y-90: The Complete Course has been reformatted to include case presentations through the course, combining the lectures and elements included in previous Authorized User (AU) and Advanced Y-90 courses. New case scenarios and vignettes will highlight more complex topics, such as challenging anatomy, therapy for specific primary and secondary hepatic malignancies—including radioembolization in combination with other therapies, retreatment, post procedural care and follow up, and management of complications. The online prerequisite work and participation in this course incorporates the requisite training for official SIR validation, via completion certificate, of the IR attendee as qualified to apply for AU status for intra-arterial Y-90 in the treatment of hepatic malignancies.
Click here to view the entire program as it was presented at Y-90: The Complete Course.
Upon completion of this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss the current algorithms and outcomes for treatment of primary and secondary hepatic malignancies inclusive of surgical, medical and transarterial therapies and explore the ideal sequencing of radioembolization in those algorithms
- Describe advanced radioembolization techniques
- Describe best practice in Y-90 radiation safety and dose management
- Describe advanced radiation physics and various methods of calculation of dosimetry and how they vary between available platforms
- Explain advanced dosimetry and treatment concepts
- Identify therapies used in combination with radioembolization for hepatic malignancy
- Summarize a state-of-the-art literature review of Y-90 radioembolization
- Demonstrate hands-on advanced microcatheterization and embolization skills pertinent to device delivery
Y-90: The Complete Course will provide focused educational opportunities for interventional radiologists and trainees interested in initiating, developing, or strengthening their practice in using intra-arterial Y-90 in the treatment of hepatic malignancies.
Aravind Arepally, MD. FSIR, Piedmont Healthcare, Atlanta, Ga.
Daniel B. Brown, MD, FSIR, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.
Daniel Sze, MD, PhD, FSIR, Standford University Medical Center, Stanford, Calif.
SIR 2017 Y-90: The Complete Course Faculty
SIR 2017 Y-90: The Complete Course Financial Disclosures
Accreditation and CME Information
This enduring activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) is accredited by the ACCME to provide medical education for physicians.
The Society of Interventional Radiology designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 17.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program will be approved for self-assessment module (SAM) credit by the Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR). SIR is awarded Deemed Status by the American Board of Radiology (ABR).