SIR delivers premier and unique learning opportunity, the Y-90: The Complete Course. Ideal for those seeking AU status and the experienced practitioner, all relevant course components have been streamlined and combined with advanced case discussion presented by expert faculty for the ultimate Y-90 immersion experience. Whether you have attended previously, or if you are a first-time attendee, Y-90: The Complete Course’s curriculum is the most comprehensive and challenging radioembolization learning experience available to interventional radiologists and trainees.
Building on reformatted case presentations and clinical vignette sessions, the 2019 Y-90: The complete course curriculum includes even more complex topics, such as challenging anatomy, therapy for specific primary and secondary hepatic malignancies (including radioembolization in combination with other therapies), re-treatment, postprocedural care and follow-up, and complication management.
Click here to view the entire program as it was presented at Y-90: The Complete Course.
Y-90: The Complete Course will provide focused educational opportunities for interventional radiologists and trainees interested in initiating, developing, or strengthening their practice in using intra-arterial Y-90 in the treatment of hepatic malignancies.
Upon completion of this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Discuss the current algorithms and outcomes for treatment of primary and secondary hepatic malignancies inclusive of surgical, medical and transarterial therapies and explore the ideal sequencing of radioembolization in those algorithms
- Describe advanced radioembolization techniques
- Describe best practice in Y-90 radiation safety and dose management
- Describe advanced radiation physics and various methods of calculation of dosimetry and how they vary between available platforms
- Explain advanced dosimetry and treatment concepts
- Identify therapies used in combination with radioembolization for hepatic malignancy
- Summarize a state-of-the-art literature review of Y-90 radioembolization
- Demonstrate hands-on advanced microcatheterization and embolization skills pertinent to device delivery
Accreditation and CME Information
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) is accredited by the ACCME to provide medical education for physicians.
The Society of Interventional Radiology designates this live activity for 15.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Daniel B. Brown, MD, FSIR, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.
Siddharth A. Padia, MD, FSIR, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, Calif.
Nora Tabori, MD, Medstar Washington Hospital, Washington, DC
SIR 2019 Y-90: The Complete Course Financial Disclosures